CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Another excuse for not blogging

For those of you who don't know this is our dog Annie. Annie was our first child. We adopted her when I was 6 months pregnant.
At the end of May we were watching my friends dog. He is a really good small dog, but his only vice is he loves to run out the front door. He was doing really well until the boy I was babysitting let them both out. In our side yard down by the driveway we have an old dog kennel. Louie ran right in there. Annie ran over there too, but not into the kennel. I went over to get them, shut the gate on Louie and went to grab Annie when she turned around to play the come chase me game. She ran right into the road into a van. Luckily it was Annie and she stopped. If it were Louie he would have been smooshed to smithereens. Her back paw was run over and she needed stitches for 2 weeks and to wear an Elizabethan Collar. She was not happy. I am pleased to report that she no longer even goes near the door though. An expensive lesson but I have never been so glad she was fine.

Do you see how swollen her paw is? She busted out the pad. She still limps if she runs too much or walks on gravel.

No comments: