CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

recent struggles

I have been going through some struggles lately concerning church. I couple people have complained about the noise level of my kids and I have overheard them. 1 person said it to me, in a very kind way, I am very grateful to this person the most.
A little background, if you do not know my kids they are very energetic and loud, also I go to church alone with 2 children under 5. It really kinda hurt my feelings especially when I overheard someone talking about me to someone else. Last Sunday I didn't go to Sacrament meeting because of how I felt, I kind of thought why bother. But I still wanted my kids to go to Primary and I'm the primary chorister. Today I decided to tough it out again and if they were loud or naughty then that was it. They were pretty good today, I only had to take Kevin out once and I was able to leave Anya with the family sitting across from us so I didn't have to worry about her and just concentrate on him. I have been having a hard time with quiet things for them to do and the church bag gets old quick. I feel like I have to change it every couple of weeks. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I think things are going to be ok and this is going to be a struggle I just have to suck up and deal with.

8 comments:

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

Shame on those people! I have some file folder books that I could copy and send to you if you would like. Send me your mailing address. Being a single mom at church is rough, I had to do it when Joe worked crazy hours. Sometimes people just need to be a little more tolerant of our little ones or offer to help before complaining. You're a great mom and don't let anyone tell you differently. You are in my prayers. Keep that great smile on your face.

Zak and Weezie said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much people suck sometimes. I mean... seriously. I'm angry for you.

I'm sorry, I don't have any tips for you. In fact, Zak and I usually make things worse. We love sitting behind rowdy kids because we get entertained and our laughing just eggs them on and makes them rowdier.

Maybe you should just move into our ward. I think that's the most sensible solution!

melanee said...

I know it is tough, but hang in there. This to shall pass and be worth all the struggles. Remember when Marlene came back from the restroom with her dress wrapped around her? Dad and I had lots of struggles with you girls, but look what happened. You have come out great and now the pattern continues with the next generation.

Anonymous said...

Go to sugardoodle.net for ideas and don't get discourage for what people say :-) They don't understand what you're going through! We can't expect children to set still all the time and they do have good and bad days like the rest of us!

Eric and Carrie said...

I'm sorry Leah! I think you are a great mom and having kids at church by yourself is always a struggle. I get antsy myself and I'm 28. I have to sit by myself every sunday now that Eric's in the bishopric. I had a young couple mention to Eric that I had left a mess on the pew after sacrament. All it took was a few dirty looks to them and then they were offering to help. ha ha So, I'm not the best example of how to handle things, but we all need to be a little more understanding of people. I wish I could be there and we could let our kids entertain each other.

Cristy said...

I can so relate! Kevin was gone a lot when my kids were little. Every Sunday I just wanted to cry because my kids were misbehaving and everyone else's seemed to be perfect little angels. Even just last month, I left the kids for half a second because my friend thought she lost her son (on his way back from the restroom) so I went to help her look for him. Came back (seriously gone for maybe 45 seconds tops) and Ryan had colored all over his arms, clothes, and face. The people behind us were laughing hystericly. I wanted to scream..then had to laugh. Ugh, church..some days! Love ya girl, hang in there!

AprilF said...

Who said that??? I will totally come back and beat them up for you! The nerve! They must have never had kids... I have no ideas for you- I have to do the same thing- change the bag every few weeks. Blaaaahhhh

Rachel Wheeler said...

I used to sit with moms in the ward whose husbands weren't members or who had callings that took them away a lot. It seemed to help to have someone other then their mom helping to keep them occupied. Maybe there's a nice single adult you know who would come sit with you sometimes??? Good for you for "suckin' it up."
xoxo